Monday, June 21, 2010

Nervous But Fantastic

When I arrived at the Telstra Clear Stadium there were not that many kids at the stage door, but when I entered there seemed to be millions of people ready to sing. I saw Mrs Carter and some of the Choir people. The show was starting to begin I was getting nervous and
my heart was beating fast.
We all sat in our rows all the way from 1 to 12, there was different schools. The curtain started to open, it was bright and the crowed all screamed. My eyes where surprised but I was still was nervous. I saw Mrs G in the crowd and Mrs Bernade. The first song we sang was 'Oh What A Night' with Susanne Prentice. When we finished our first song the crowd clapped and wave.
The moment came for the soloists for 'Ben', Waterlily and Revina, it was perfect. It was time for the half time break, Susanne Prentice showed all of us a video.
When we saw Chris she said "wonderful, prefect now that’s what I want to see, smiles on your faces". When we started it was like the first half, I was nervous. The curtain opened and the lights shined in my eyes. The second half first song was 'Putting On the Ritz' and this cat came in a suit, he looked scared. Everyone was screaming like he was a monster. We all went through the songs
It was time to go home; we all went row by row. I went outside and I was waiting for Chris but it was too packed. I saw Chris with Ana and we all saw Mrs Tui and Mrs Williams. We caught up to Chris and headed straight to Chris and we got in the car.
That the best day of life.

2 comments:

Glenbrae Room 7 said...

Hi Lee,
I loved the way you wrote about the choir experience. It is such fun although it can be a bit scary up on the stage with everyone looking at you and the lights shining in your eyes. I'm so glad you have the best time of your life.
Mrs Boyer

Mrs Laing said...

Lee, I really like the way you have shared your feelings with us throughout your recount. Allowing your reader to know how you were feeling adds interest and authenticity to your writing.
It sounds like it was an amazing night and one that you will remember for a long time! I look forward to seeing more of your writing on the blog :)