Monday, November 19, 2012

Ana's Manaiakanalani Film Festival Recount

Last Wednesday, the whole school went to the Manaiakalani Film Festival. There we watched short films made by school kids and their teachers. The films were held at Hoyts Cinemas at Sylvia Park so we had to catch the bus to get there.

First we got onto the bus at 10.00am. We got to Sylvia Park and 10.15am and waited until we were allowed inside. On the way in, I saw my Aunty who was helping with the Film Festival and was going to be there all day.

We were lucky because we were allowed to sit on the luxury chairs at the back. When the lights went out, everyone went, “Wow!” After that, Mr Coakley introduced the show and then it started. Our class was first and we screamed with excitement and encouragement to our presenters, Rachel and Sonya.

There were 5 other schools in the theatre with us. They were Glenbrae, Glen Innes, Tamaki Intermediate and Somerville. Glenbrae’s movies were all maori movies. Tamaki Intermediate were a mix of things. I can’t remember the others though.

After the Film Festival, we walked out together and saw Pt England waiting for their turn to go into the theatre for themselves. We kept on walking until we got to the bus where the bus driver was waiting for us.

Once we were all on the bus we all sat down and rested until we were back to school. I enjoyed the Film Festival this year, but I was really tired afterwards.

That night, I went to the night session where I saw other movies that I hadn’t seen in the day session. I really enjoyed the night session and I liked it better because I saw more movies and I was with my family and friends.

My favourite movie in the day session was Happy by Room 7 at our school. I liked it because it was unique to the others and no one else had done what they did. My favourite movie from the night session was The Test by Room 18 at Pt England School. I liked it because it was really funny and nobody had done anything like it before.

No comments: